Tuesday 9 October 2012

Sexist humour


I poked a joke on Twitter recently, and got a predictable reaction:





Well, @b747eight, I did as you suggested, and researched "sexist humour".

And found some stuff that I think is really funny. Like this:

Striking a Pose (Women and Fantasy Covers)

And this:


I also found much that is very serious, like this:
"A research project led by a Western Carolina University psychology professor indicates that jokes about blondes and women drivers are not just harmless fun and games; instead, exposure to sexist humor can lead to toleration of hostile feelings and discrimination against women."

Sexist Humor No Laughing Matter, Psychologist Says

"The research indicates that people should be aware of the prevalence of disparaging humor in popular culture, and that the guise of benign amusement or “it’s just a joke” gives it the potential to be a powerful and widespread force that can legitimize prejudice in our society, he said."

 @b747eight and @GebbaGamer, what do you think of this article?





I will reply  with a third alternative one day, but it's not at the top of my todo list.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As the Vulcans say: "I rejoice in our differences". Comments, questions and differing opinions are welcome.

Because of spam, comments are now moderated.