Saturday 23 July 2011

Martin Luther King, Nichelle Nichols and Star Trek

On the day after the massacre here in Norway, I am speechless - there are no words for what I'm feeling.

I was going to link to this article yesterday:

"Nichelle Nichols thanks a special fan for the lifetime role of Uhura"

It's even more relevant today.

Martin Luther King said to her: "You cannot leave. It can wait. It's part of history now. This man has made this show that projects 300 years from now. This is who we are and we are beginning here, and you're representing us. You cannot leave because nobody can replace you. Only you."

I would love to believe that Star Trek "projects 300 years from now".
Right now I can't.
Yet I can hope. And wish. And I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As the Vulcans say: "I rejoice in our differences". Comments, questions and differing opinions are welcome.

Because of spam, comments are now moderated.