Wednesday 31 August 2011

GLOBAL DIGNITY


We cannot force others to respect our dignity, 
but we can be aware of situations where our dignity is not being respected.


I am hurting from reading about how "mental health care" has harmed individuals, and I don't want to get rid of the pain. I want to keep it with me, as I want to keep the people who have been harmed in my heart ... and in order to do this, I need hope.

The Dignity Principles give me hope.
Young people are learning about these principles all over the world:


That gives me hope.
And I also have a wish: That these principles be taught to mental health care professionals who do not seem to have grasped the concept that "Dignity should be the basic guiding principle for all actions".




No comments:

Post a Comment

As the Vulcans say: "I rejoice in our differences". Comments, questions and differing opinions are welcome.

Because of spam, comments are now moderated.