Thursday 24 November 2011

THE POWER OF CRITICAL THINKING

More Symphony of Science: A Wave of Reason

I've been researching some of the popular self-fulfilment prophets recently, and Marshall Rosenberg on "Non-violent Communication", and I badly need to post this, here and now, as an antidote.

Rosenberg's message seems to be that we shouldn't think at all, and the others go on about changing our lives with our thoughts until I feel enveloped in sticky threads of confusion.

And then I need to hear Bertrand Russell say:

When you are studying any matter
Or considering any philosophy
Ask yourself only
What are the facts
And what is the truth
That the facts bear out

And Phil Plait say: 

Teach a man to reason
And he'll think for a lifetime


And ... I'll shut up and let them speak for themselves. 



At the Symphony of Science home page you  can see the lyrics to all the videos

No comments:

Post a Comment

As the Vulcans say: "I rejoice in our differences". Comments, questions and differing opinions are welcome.

Because of spam, comments are now moderated.