Sunday 18 September 2011

"A ludicrous publicity stunt ...", says the Vatican

A followup to this post

Linking to an Associated Press article:

Abuse victims seek int'l court case against pope


I don't have time to do anything but paste in some quotes:

The Vatican's U.S. lawyer, Jeffrey Lena, called the complaint a "ludicrous publicity stunt and a misuse of international judicial processes" in a statement to The Associated Press.

And ...

Bishops insist they fully grasp the devastation that molestation causes to victims and the limits that dioceses must impose on abusive clergy.

I'm still waiting for the Vatican to walk the talk, but I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As the Vulcans say: "I rejoice in our differences". Comments, questions and differing opinions are welcome.

Because of spam, comments are now moderated.