Tuesday 13 September 2011

Racially profiled and cuffed in Detroit

Someone placed these links in a forum, I'm sending them on:

 From the blog of  Shoshana Hebshi, an American citizen with a Saudi father and a Jewish mother

"Silly me. I thought flying on 9/11 would be easy. I figured most people would choose not to fly that day so lines would be short, planes would be lightly filled and though security might be ratcheted up, we’d all feel safer knowing we had come a long way since that dreadful Tuesday morning 10 years ago.
But then armed officers stormed my plane, threw me in handcuffs and locked me up."



And an article in "The Atlantic":
Flying While Half-Arab (and Half-Jewish). This One Is Shocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As the Vulcans say: "I rejoice in our differences". Comments, questions and differing opinions are welcome.

Because of spam, comments are now moderated.