Sunday 4 May 2014

WHEN IS MENTAL HELP FUNDAMENTALISTIC?

Edited Dec 1st 
I found this in my feed today, via @agteien:



And it  fits well in with this:

Antidepressants are not ‘happy pills’

This blog post by psychiatric trainee Alex Langford moved me to look up the word  "fundamentalism": 
"a movement or attitude stressing strict and literal adherence to a set of basic principles" 

Then I googled "psychiatry fundamentalism" - and found a book by Sami Timimi: 

It was published in 2002, and there are no reviews on amazon.co.uk or amazon.com

A  screenshot describing what I call"pscientific fundamentalism": 

I also found some reviews that seem to confirm the fundamentalist mindset of mainstream psychiatry:




A talk by Timimi


No comments:

Post a Comment

As the Vulcans say: "I rejoice in our differences". Comments, questions and differing opinions are welcome.

Because of spam, comments are now moderated.